1. What is chemically-defined, serum-free media?
Chemically-defined media include only components of known molecular structures and concentrations.
2. What are the advantages of using chemically-defined, serum-free media?
The advantages include: lot-to-lot consistency and reproducible cell growth, greater protein yield (for protein production applications) vs. using serum, consistent media performance, lowered risk of contamination with viral and other adventitious infectious agents, reduced downstream purification challenges (for protein production applications), elimination of the need to prescreen serum lots, and simplification of any regulatory or other documentation requirements.
3. Is PeproTech’s PeproGrow-1 Serum-Free Cell Culture Supplement Kit (catalog number 700-C100) protein-free?
Yes, PeproTech’s PeproGrow-1 Serum-Free Cell Culture Supplement Kit is protein-free, as well as animal-free.
4. Can you provide the certifications for these animal-free components?
Yes, please contact our Quality Assurance Department.
5. Where can I find formulation for components of this kit?
Formulations for the kit and its components are proprietary to PeproTech, Inc.
6. Can I use DMEM instead of DMEM/F12?
DMEM/F12 medium contains much more nutrition than DMEM alone as it is a mixture of half DMEM and half F12 medium. Since PeproTech has not tested DMEM at this time, it is recommended that DMEM/F12 be used with PeproTech’s PeproGrow-1 Serum-Free Cell Culture Supplement Kit.